Chesterville fire destroys house;  12-year-old boy escapes unharmed with 2 dogs

Chesterville fire destroys house; 12-year-old boy escapes unharmed with 2 dogs

A home at 209 Adams Street in Chesterville burns down on Friday after a hearth that began exterior the home unfold to the two-story home. The Maine Forest Service is investigating the reason for the hearth. Chesterville Fireplace Division Photograph

CHESTERVILLE – A 12-year-old boy escaped a hearth on Friday that began exterior a home and unfold to the two-story home he shared along with his mom at 209 Adams Street, which is facet of Ridge Street.

Her mom, Erin Dyar, was at work on the Senior Planning Heart in Farmington when the hearth was reported round 1.30pm.

Dyar’s son, Jeremiah, managed to convey two household canine to the neighbors and tried to return again to convey out a cat and a turtle, however the neighbor stopped him, Dyar mentioned. The tortoise and the cat are lifeless.

A propane tank exploded. The siding on the neighbors’ home melted, she mentioned. His son had gone out to get a bag of wooden pellets and had seen the hearth exterior.

“I feel he is nonetheless in shock,” Dyar mentioned of his son. “It was fairly dramatic.”

“The home was a complete loss,” Chesterville Fireplace Chief Aaron Gordon mentioned.

Greater than 20 firefighters from Chesterville, Farmington, Fayette, Business, Jay, New Sharon, Temple and Wilton, and NorthStar EMS ambulance personnel responded.

The investigation was turned over to the Maine Forest Service as a result of the hearth began open air, Gordon mentioned. The hearth additionally unfold to the yard.

Forest Service officers weren’t instantly out there Monday.

Dyar, who’s concerned locally in some ways, mentioned she and her son have been staying together with her dad and mom, Wanda and Greg Soule, at their residence in Chesterville.

The household had no insurance coverage on the property or its belongings. Dyar mentioned her father owned the property however she was paying the mortgage.

“Folks have been very beneficiant,” she says.

They acquired two small televisions and different gadgets for a brand new residence. She will probably be renting a storage unit to retailer the donations.

“We do not want garments or sneakers,” Dyar mentioned.

The stays of a home at 209 Adams Street in Chesterville burned down after the home was destroyed by hearth on Friday. A 12-year-old boy was residence and escaped with two canine. A cat and a turtle perished. The Maine Forest Service is investigating the trigger. Donna M. Perry / Solar Diary

A neighbor went out and purchased his son sneakers as a result of he left the home barefoot, Dyar mentioned. Different neighbors additionally stepped in to assist in addition to members of the neighborhood.

“At this level we’ve got very restricted house,” she mentioned.

What would assist probably the most are reward playing cards and cash, and anybody with data of construct a home.

Dyar has a PayPal account at [email protected]. Money or reward card donations can be despatched to his dad and mom’ residence at 32 Norcross Hill Street, Chesterville, ME 04938.

“Jeremiah misplaced his Play Station 4 which he purchased along with his personal cash,” Dyar mentioned. He mowed lawns and did different chores for others. He made a number of matches with it. He is unhappy about it, she mentioned. “He additionally misplaced all of his toys, together with his Legos. We misplaced our Christmas decorations. I had a pictures enterprise. I misplaced a laptop computer and a digital camera.

She was renting to personal the laptop computer, so she’s going to see if there was insurance coverage to get it changed. She is aware of there was no insurance coverage on her digital camera.

She additionally has an Amazon registry that lists the required gadgets.

Shining Star, a nonprofit that helps neighborhood members in want, has been very useful, Dyar mentioned.

Kevin Frost, who organizes the Shining Star program, wrote in an e-mail Monday that he can be heading to the Chesterville metropolis workplace on Tuesday to host a fundraising dinner for the household.

Dyar mentioned she is grateful for all the assistance she and her son have acquired.

“Thanks to everybody who helped us. God is nice,” she mentioned. “I’m grateful that my son acquired out of the home safely. I thank the firefighters and neighbors who helped.

” Previous

Next ”

#Chesterville #hearth #destroys #home #12yearold #boy #escapes #unhurt #canine

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.